Monday, April 27, 2009

Manifesto 2.0


Though it may be a little further passed the dawn of a century I am still striving to leave footprints towards the future in the name of what many hope is progress. I am one, just one lone wolf but now I think I am better equipted to allow my voice to compete in todays world of growing technologies. It seems I might be more of a cybertronic wolf then one of natures tools. I believe I have something to say because I take things approach what I see happening around me and apply a different perspective, and I believe that I can write. I am a product of my upbringing at the heart of Fairfax County.
I carry the beliefs that as a writer it is my duty to express myself whenever I have the urge to do so. These expressions will not necessarily display the way I feel about people things and occurrences but may just be the result of a creative mind at work. The end result can mean whatever to whoever as long and as long as it stimulates the mind in some way I will consider that work to be a success. I still maintain an interest in philosophy and in dealing with love life and loss but because these subjects are so broad in perspective my interests widen to religion and the controversy that results internally and externally. Within these parameters the spontaneity of youthful love as well as long lasting connections between individuals is where the heart of my poetic style is derived. That being said I will have to continue to discover new ways to make my work as innovative as possible because I know have the knowledge that these central themes drive a lot of individuals and the thousands and thousands of venues for creative works are not necessarily all original.
I can now see how possible it is to manipulte others already established works and utilize them to create something very original and effective. Though there will be no mysteries, no gimmicky ploys to add a level of entertainment unless it is uniquely fulfilling for some reason or another because It is not my style, typically, although when there is a good opportunity to add humor then these types of work can be entertaining and I think this type of thinking is necessary in todays world of famines and wars. I have a strong disgust for sappiness, and therefore fairy tales will die with my adolescence but the themes and reminiscience will live on and obviously must affect my thinking in some way. This is because I know that words of the past breed the words of the future and it is my primary objective to ensure that my ideas in the future breed ideas in a further future always building so that at some point someone can achieve a nirvana of enjoying an absolute wisdom that might not be achievable. But we must try. I demand it as I demand things from myself. I will stretch even more so in attempt to not be restricted within a genre or level of technology.
I have now peered through a window of a tech savvy world full of growing technologies and new ways for people to express themselves creatively. There is no denying the push towards the internet but I think it is important not to get caught up in this "net", losing the nolstagia of the texture of pages between fingers with a book you can't put down would in my opinion be a tragedy. Through the work completed in this class I think I have managed to demonstrate how I see life in certain instances, as I remain curious and insistant on yours and that seems like a fair trade.

No comments:

Post a Comment